Can you ever think of having your sandwiches without a nice spread of mayo? Your answer is definitely going to be a big “no”. That’s not only your case. But it happens to be the same for many. Mayo has a strong global market by now. This happens to be the most preferred condiment for many families. The breakfast table seems to remain incomplete without this. Vegans are missing out the food fun. Traditional mayo as available in the markets and stores don’t fit their criteria. Here is the easy to make vegan mayo will help you to satisfy your cravings.
Now, you may be willing to know the difference between vegan mayo and the usual stuff. Well, this happens to be a popular query among many people. Though conventional mayo is not a dairy product it contains eggs. The regular mayo is normally prepared by the emulsification of eggs with oil. This is definitely complete no for vegans. So here we have tried to find a way out for them as we share an easy, ready to make a recipe for them.
Again, homemade vegan mayo is way better than the readymade ones. Get rid of that expensive mayo. Now, you can easily prepare healthy, cholesterol-free mayo at your home with simple ingredients. You also need to invest barely a few minutes.
Check out the ingredients and the recipe.
Method to prepare Vegan Mayo
Milk, vinegar and oil are the prime components of vegan mayo. Soy milk has a similar consistency like that of cow’s milk and it creates the most delightful mayo. Thus soy milk happens to be the most preferred choice. But almond milk can also be a good substitute.
As for oils, if you are planning to prepare quite frequently then it’s better to use non-refined oils as refined are not much recommended for good health.
- Put both milk and vinegar inside the blender.
- Blend it well for five seconds.
- Next, slowly add the oil while the blender in motion.
- Gradually increase the rotation speed of the blender. Keep blending unless it is thickened.
- Store it in the refrigerator for a few hours to cool it down.
- If you have an immersion blender, then go for it as it will make your task easier and faster.
Few Notable Point
- You are free to use any sorts of vinegar. You need not always have to use balsamic vinegar. Neutral flavours are mostly recommendable.
- In case if your mayo hasn’t emulsified you are advised to add more oil to it. You need to keep in mind that both milk and oil must be at the same temperature.
- The thickening of mayo will occur in the refrigerator.
- On a daily basis, you can use olive, peanut, corn, sunflower or any other oil available in your kitchen. Stay away from coconut oil as it is impossible to store it inside the fridge.
- If you want you may also add maple syrup or mustard, garlic, other fresh or dried herbs to enhance the flavour.