Since the mid-1980s Keanu Reeves has been one famous name in the Hollywood household. He has impressed one and all with his acting skills and persona in his illustrating career. Today let us reveal some of the interesting facts about The Matrix actor.
1. Reeves was a keen ice hockey followed in his school days. Throughout his school, he played ice hockey and took up coaching in a club thereafter. In fact, he got an opportunity in Windsor Spitfires, a hockey team in the Ontario Hockey League but for the sake of his performing career, he chose to turn down the offer.
2. His mother was a costume designer and used to make some Halloween costumes for him. Fortunately, along with this Reeves also had the golden opportunity to see some of his mother’s heavyweight clients. In one interview he spoke about Alice Cooper coming to his house, “I remember he brought fake vomit and dog poo to terrorize the housekeeper,” Reeves said. “He’d hang out, a regular dude.”
3. In 1992’s Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Reeves and Winona Ryder got married in a scene. Later it was revealed by Ruder that Francis Ford Coppola called a real priest to shoot the scene and both actors said their vows. Coppola agreed with this theory but the priest’s version is unknown. So there is a chance of both actors of the movie got actually married during the shoot.
4. Reeves while working with Al Pacino in the 1997’s The Devil’s Advocate and Gene Hackman in the 2000’s The Replacements he offered to defer his compensation so that the productions could be able to afford other actors. When he came to know about the issue, he asked the producers, “Is that all I have to do? Sure! What else do I have to do? ‘Cause I’ll do it!”
5. During 1990s Reeves toured with his band, Dogstar what was once described as like, “folk music” or “folk thrash” by the man himself. The band was invited to play Metalfest in Milwaukee but failed to impress the audience. Once Reeves recalled the incident and revealed that the crowd “threw beer at us and told us to f*** off and yelled, ‘You suck!’.”
6. Not a lot know that Reeves featured in Swedish Dicks, a U.S. and Scandinavian co-production for a small recurring role. The show is about two private detectives from Sweden who are trying to earn a living in Los Angeles. Peter Stormare, an actor and friend of Keanu Reeves is one of the stars of the comedy show which airs on the Pop TV channel in the U.S.
7. Ode to Happiness is a limited-run book which features a poem written by the Hollywood star. The illustration for the poem is done by the artist Alexandra Grant who gave a pictorial representation of to each line penned down by Reeves in the composition, “I draw a hot sorrow bath.” The two later worked on Shadows in 2016, a similar poem and art project featuring photos of Reeves. Now both are working together on own publishing imprint, X Artists’ Books.