As some might think, the A-list actor Keanu Reeves was not born into the glitz and glam of Hollywood who just worked his way up having more than a fair share of crosses to bear.
A handful of unforgettable truths from The Matrix star’s life
At the tender age of three, Keanu’s father, Samuel Nowlin Reeves, Jr. abandoned the family, while he was arrested at Hilo Airport in Hawaii for selling of heroin in 1992.
Then, on 31st October 1993, Reeves’s best friend, actor River Phoenix, overdosed and died outside a Los Angeles nightclub. Following the tragic demise, Reeves said, “I was very sad, and something beyond sad. I don’t know what it is, just that you sob for hours.”
Going back to 1999, Jennifer Syme — Reeves’s then-girlfriend who was pregnant with their daughter gave birth to the child on 24th December. The unimaginable grief put a heavy strain on their relationship who broke up several weeks later. And inevitably, Jennifer died in a car accident counting 18 months from the agony.
Last but not the least, Reeves’s sister, Kim Reeves’ was diagnosed with leukaemia, that she battled for nearly a decade before going into remission.
During an interview with The Telegraph in 2015, when it was suggested that Reeves’ “eclectic career could be linked to his unsettled childhood,” he replied, “a little bit.”
27 quotes from the actor to change one’s perspective on life-
1. Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times, they can only make you stronger.
2. It is incredibly empowering to know that your future is in your hands.
3. Tomorrow isn’t guaranteed, so live today!
4. Grief changes shape but it never ends.
5. Sometimes simple things are the most difficult things to achieve.
6. So in the end, I think we can all pretty well agree that even in the face of tragedy, a stellar person can thrive. No matter what’s going on in your life, you can overcome it! Life is worth living.
7. None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an afterthought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean.
8. If you have been brutally broken, but still have the courage to be gentle to other living beings, then you’re a badass with the heart of an angel.
9. I was also raised to treat people exactly how I would like to be treated by others. It’s called respect.
10. Our dreams can teach us, instruct us, confuse us, sometimes I think they look to be considered. They are an opportunity and I think they most certainly could be utilized to focus, to try and achieve — whether it’s looking for someone, or influencing us, or inspiring us.
11. When I don’t feel free and can’t do what I want, I just react. I go against it.
12. I believe in love at first sight. You want that connection, and then you want some problems.
13. It’s always wonderful to know women with the joy and the depth. If you can make a woman laugh, you’re seeing the most beautiful thing on God’s Earth.
14. Art is about trying to find the good in people and making the world a more compassionate place.
15. You have to change your life if you’re not happy, and wake up if things aren’t going the way you want.
16. Falling in love and having a relationship are two different things.
17. Our saving grace! As a species, we can be pretty warm and fuzzy. But maybe for this, it’s adaptability, or the heart and soul. We’re not all that bad. I don’t really know!
18. Multi-culture is the real culture of the world — a pure race doesn’t exist.
19. The person who was holding me back from my happiness was me.
20. Energy can’t be created or destroyed, and energy flows. It must be in a direction, with some kind of internal, emotive, spiritual direction. It must have some effect somewhere.
21. It’s fun to be hopelessly in love. It’s dangerous, but it’s fun.
22. Try to be wrong once in a while, it’ll do your ego good.
23. Kissing someone is pretty intimate, actually very intimate, and your heart always kind of skips a beat before you do that.
24. I guess living without love, without experiencing it or being able to give it is pretty strong punishment.
25. Nothing ever truly dies. The universe wastes nothing, everything is simply transformed.
26. Sometimes I go out and hear people talk about irrelevant things and then I tell myself, this is why I don’t go out.
27. I thank the earth and the sky every day for the opportunities I’ve had.
Disclaimer: All the information on this website – www.wat-not.com – is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. Wat-Not does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (Wat-Not), is strictly at your own risk. Please visit Disclaimer for more info.