Banana Smoothie is undoubtedly the best base recipe in which one can add on as many ingredients as preferred which requires even less than 5 minutes time to be served on the table. What else? Yes, that acts as the perfect drink for breakfast or snack as you might have known!
The basic smoothie recipe calls for only four simple ingredients:
1. Banana: A banana is sufficient enough to make one large or two smaller (kid-size) smoothies. To seek the best taste, a ripe banana should be used, while for the creamiest yield, frozen banana slices should be used.
2. Half an orange: If one adds oranges to the morning smoothie, an extra source of vitamin C can be tracked that comes with a tropical flavour. If you don’t have oranges in hand, other fruits like mango, pineapple, and berries will also do.
3. Plain or Greek Yogurt: If you have yogurt in the fridge, adding a spoonful will assure a protein-packed, creamy smoothie. Also, if yogurt isn’t your choice, a little extra fruit or veggies like spinach or kale can be included.
4. Water or Milk: To blend the ingredients smooth, a splash of milk should be added that can also be done away with water if the dairy product isn’t desired.
How To Freeze Fruit For the Smoothie
To make smoothies even easier to prepare, freeze fresh fruit into portions. One can even make smoothie packs for later use that can be instantly put on the go. Yes, it’s that easy!
To freeze fruit for the drink, rinse and chop fresh fruits into small pieces which then must be pat dry and arranged in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Later on, place the baking sheet into the freezer, until it comes out hard after around two to three hours. Now, take out the fruit, dividing it between freezer-safe bags and keep it inside the freezer for the next smoothie plan.
Below are mentioned a handful of possible variations for your smoothie:
• Greens like spinach, kale, or Swiss borscht (not more than one to two cups)
• Healthy fat with some avocado will be a nice choice
• Protein and fiber with hemp seeds, chia seeds, or any other protein powder will also do
• For nutty and extra stickiness, a tablespoon of peanut butter, almond butter, or other nut butter can be added.
• Some chocolate with a tablespoon of cocoa powder or cacao nibs will be definitely great.
• Fresh ginger, turmeric or dried spices like ground cinnamon or ground turmeric can be served with the potion.